Care at home
"The carers are amazing and very thoughtful and help me with the care I need"
We can support you with the ongoing essentials, offer a helping hand after an illness or hospital stay or provide respite for a carer. Whatever you need us for, we’ll help you maintain your independence, in the security and privacy of your own home.
Our highly trained, professional care workers are led by a team of experienced nurses, providing a holistic, cost effective approach to high quality care. By integrating care in this way, we offer a level of person centred support that considers the clinical, cognitive, physical and social needs of our clients.
Being nurse-led we proactively manage care, liaising with doctors, district nurses, OTs, physiotherapists and other health and social care professionals. In doing so, we provide peace of mind and support for all of the family, not just the person receiving care.
The care we provide is everything you would expect from the St Christopher’s name, with a reputation established over 50 years.
Examples of the support we offer
Whether it’s help to get the day started or to be settled at night, we can assist with everyday tasks and more:
- Comprehensive assessment and personalised care plan
- Nurse-led, professional care workers trained to give person centred support
- Responsive to the identification of changing needs
- Administering medications
- Moving and handling support and using equipment in the home
- Diet, hydration and nutrition including meal preparation
- Personal care and hygiene including showering and dressing
- Companionship and social support
- Respite for full time carers